Big Data Analytics Beyond Hadoop: Real-Time Applications with Storm, Spark, and More Hadoop Alternatives by Vijay Srinivas Agneeswaran (Hardback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.57+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $64.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionMaster alternative Big Data techlogies that can do what Hadoop can't: real-time analytics and iterative machine learning. When most technical professionals think of Big Data analytics today, they think of Hadoop. But there are many cutting-edge applications that Hadoop isn't well suited for, especially real-time analytics and contexts requiring the use of iterative machine learning algorithms. Fortunately, several powerful new techlogies have been developed specifically for use cases such as these. Big Data Analytics Beyond Hadoop is the first guide specifically designed to help you take the next steps beyond Hadoop. Dr. Vijay Srinivas Agneeswaran introduces the breakthrough Berkeley Data Analysis Stack (BDAS) in detail, including its motivation, design, architecture, Mesos cluster management, performance, and more. He presents realistic use cases and up-to-date example code for: * Spark, the next generation in-memory computing techlogy from UC Berkeley * Storm, the parallel real-time Big Data analytics techlogy from Twitter * GraphLab, the next-generation graph processing paradigm from CMU and the University of Washington (with comparisons to alternatives such as Pregel and Piccolo) Halo also offers architectural and design guidance and code sketches for scaling machine learning algorithms to Big Data, and then realizing them in real-time. He concludes by previewing emerging trends, including real-time video analytics, SDNs, and even Big Data governance, security, and privacy issues. He identifies intriguing startups and new research possibilities, including BDAS extensions and cutting-edge model-driven analytics. Big Data Analytics Beyond Hadoop is an indispensable resource for everyone who wants to reach the cutting edge of Big Data analytics, and stay there: practitioners, architects, programmers, data scientists, researchers, startup entrepreneurs, and advanced students.
- Author BiographyDR. VIJAY SRINIVAS AGNEESWARAN (Bangalore, India) is currently Director Technology/Principal Architect as head of Big Data R&D at Impetus. His R&D focuses on Big Data governance, batch and real-time analytics, and paradigms for implementing machine learning algorithms for Big Data. A professional member of ACM and the IEEE for more than 8 years, he was recently elevated to IEEE Senior Member. He has filed patents with US, European and Indian patent offices, holds two issued US patents, and has published in IEEE Transactions and other leading journals, and has been an invited speaker at multiple national and International conferences, including O'Reilly's Strata Big Data Series.
- Author(s)Vijay Srinivas Agneeswaran
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/05/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight474 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.