All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.64Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
About this product
- DescriptionSet in Los Angeles in 1946, My Sweet Lorraine is a story of corruption, passion, loyalty, and of a homicide detective's biggest mistake: assuming. Cynical veteran, Tom Dreyfus is called from vacation to do a favor for his boss: work what appears to be a routine investigation into the brutal murder of a beautiful young call girl. As Dreyfus and his partner, Munson, work scant evidence they uncover the woman was desperately trying to escape the sordid business, and that her clientele were some of the most powerful men in Los Angeles. Here are characters and dialogue that will stay in your head long after you've finished the book. Echoing Raymond Chandler, Elmore Leonard, Walter Mosley, and the Polanski-Towne film ir masterpiece, Chinatown, My Sweet Lorraine will go the distance to deliver a KO to the jaw. Better keep your guard up, because whatever happens is going to happen the hard way. In 1949 the term 'serial killer' didn't exist; a psychopath just exhibited the same MO. Tom Dreyfus and his partner, Munson are back in Jake Leg and it's the hottest summer on record in Los Angeles. In this sequel to My Sweet Lorraine they investigate a series of four brutal murders of homeless men and women, seemingly anymous faces on the streets that one, especially the DA, cares about. Each of the victims was at one time a prominent member of society, and each had fallen from grace. Not one seems to have offered the least resistance to his killer. It's a race against time to find victim number five before the psycho, the self-proclaimed 'Angel of Mercy, ' does.
- Author BiographyMike McCune was born in Glendale, California. A photographer before turning writer, he graduated with a B.A. in Communications from California State University at Fullerton in 1978, where he served three years as Public Affairs Photographer. From 1980 to 1989 he was an in-house corporate photographer for the Automobile Club of Southern California. In 1997 he won the Pacific Northwest Writers Association award for excellence for his screenplay, Islands, and in 2000 for the first of his Big Deuce novellas, My Sweet Lorraine. His poem, American Somnambulist was published in the 17th anthology of Great Poems of the Western World. McCune's works have appeared in Collectors Photography, Petersen's Photographic Magazine, Rangefinder, Westways, West Wind Review, Rogue's Gallery, and The Daily Courier. He lives in southern Oregon near his sons, Jim and Dan.
- Author(s)Mike McCune
- PublisherKodel Group
- Date of Publication12/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKodel Group
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited bySteve William Laible
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.