All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the world of giant crochet with 35 fast and fabulous projects. A keen crocheter, Emma Friedlander-Collins decided to explore the possibilities of using an extra-large hook -starting with one her husband had made for her from the end of a wooden broomstick. She discovered that crocheting with her giant hook, combined with using super-chunky yarns, produced quick results and new textures. Here she shares 35 stylish patterns with you, all to make using a supersize hook. You can make your own hook for these projects, but you can also buy them, and details of suppliers are provided at the back of the book. Chapter 1, Clothes and Accessories, has a whole host of things you will love to make and wear, including scarves, a hat, jewellery and slippers. Stay snug in the winter with the 'super sod' sleeveless body warmer, which is ideal for wearing underneath a coat, or wear the chic 1920s-style cloche hat all year round. Plus, add a little crochet to your bicycle - make a matching seat cover and handlebar warmers, and a bike basket decorated with crochet flowers. Meanwhile, chapter 2, Homeware, offers ideas that are great for your own home or to give as gifts. Learn how to create cushions, rugs and throws, as well as a basket and bath mat set, and a handy house bowl. There's even a beautiful Christmas wreath for the yuletide season. With so much inspiration, plus a comprehensive techniques section and helpful hints and tips, you'll soon be hooked on making these gorgeous designs.
- Author BiographyEmma Friedlander-Collins has been moonlighting under the name Steel & Stitch since 2010 and has a successful online business and blog (steelandstitch.blogspot.co.uk) where she tries out her crochet patterns, and shares tips and techniques. Her first book was 'Crochet Dress-Up' (ISBN 978-1-78249-195-8), also published by CICO Books. She lives in East Sussex, UK.
- Author(s)Emma Friedlander-Collins
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note100 colour photographs and 30 colour artworks
- Weight460 g
- Width208 mm
- Height276 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.