Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.48
About this product
- DescriptionBig Media, Big Money is a lively and scathing critique of the contemporary communications industry, examining how media ownership and the profit-making motive affect the messages we receive in alarming ways. Through close readings of recent news events and critical examination of corporate influence, Bettig and Hall conclude that current interconnections among media, big business, government, and education pose a serious threat to democratic communications. The second edition includes three new chapters, covering the contemporary Hollywood film industry; the changing landscape of the music industry; and ad creep, the proliferation of advertising into previously ad-free venues such as schools and children's television programming.
- Author BiographyRonald V. Bettig is associate professor in the College of Communications at the Pennsylvania State University. Jeanne Lynn Hall (1958-2011) was associate professor in the College of Communications at the Pennsylvania State University.
- Author(s)Jeanne Lynn Hall,Ronald V. Bettig
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/05/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight562 g
- Width149 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.