All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHard-hitting, page-turning and celebratory of friendship in unlikely circumstances, Joyce Carol Oates' sure touch with small town life hits home in her first young adult vel. Matt Donaghy is the class joker, and Ursula Riggs is the misfit loner. Neither kws the other. But when Matt is suddenly arrested on a charge of threatening to blow up the school and massacre the students, Ursula is the only one who sees through the hysteria and hypocrisy, and corroborates Matt's story. The case is dropped, but Matt's old friends avoid him, and his teachers treat him with kid gloves. Even Ursula, apparently his only friend during the crisis, can't meet his eye. But Ursula can't remain aloof when she catches Matt contemplating suicide - and a strange friendship is born.
- Author BiographyBorn in upstate New York in 1938, Joyce Carol Oates has twice been nominated for the Nobel Prize in literature. She has won the National Book Award, the Pulitzer Prize, the Pen / Faulkner Award and the National Book Critics Circle Award. She is the author of a number of distinguished books in several genres, all published within the past twenty-five years, and is the Roger S. Berlind Distinguished Professor of Humanities at Princeton University.
- Author(s)Joyce Carol Oates
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/05/2003
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight210 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 4
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.36
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.86
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.82
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.61
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.