All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Ortiz first won over the Fenway faithful in 2003 with his monstrous home runs, beaming smile, big hugs, and kind heart. The following fall, he proved heroic, belting walk-off hits in Games 4 and 5 of the ALCS in an epic series comeback over Jeter's Yankees. His legendary feats helped the Red Sox end the 86-year-old Curse of the Bambi and deliver a World Series title to Boston. In the largest gathering in American history--of any kind--3 million fans cheered Ortiz & Co. in the World Series victory parade. Big Papi has walloped over 500 home runs and led Boston to two more world titles. In 2013, following the Boston Marathon bombings, he epitomized Boston Strong by crushing a series-turning grand slam in the ALCS and blasting .688 in the World Series, earning MVP hors. Authors David Fischer and David Aretha celebrate this David's career in a fully illustrated, scrapbook-style album with prose as passionate as Big Papi himself. Included too are dozens of personal anecdotes and recollections about Ortiz from prominent members of the Red Sox organization and the Boston community. Supreme photography and treasures from the Baseball Hall of Fame--rarely seen photographs and artifacts--enhance the stalgic experience. This unique collection captures the magic of David Ortiz, one of the greatest heroes the game has ever kwn. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyDavid Fischer has written for the New York Times and Sports Illustrated Kids and has worked at Sports Illustrated, National Sports Daily, and NBC Sports. He is the author of The Super Bowl: The First Fifty Years of America's Greatest Game and Derek Jeter #2: Thanks for the Memories. He also coauthored Sports of the Times and Greatest Sports Rivalries. David Aretha is the author and editor of more than forty baseball books. He edited Fenway Park: The Centennial and coedited The Love of the Red Sox and Boston Red Sox: Yesterday & Today. He wrote a documentary on Fenway's one-hundredth anniversary that was narrated by Carlton Fisk, and he penned the cover story for Keep the Faith, MLB's official commemorative magazine of Boston's 2004 World Series title. He also has written dozens of David Ortiz baseball cards for Topps.
- Author(s)David Aretha,David Fischer
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Content Note100 color photos
- Weight1057 g
- Width273 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.