All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionBike Mechanic is a behind the scenes documentary on how far professional road bike mechanics have to go to keep their riders fast, and more importantly, safe. Being a mechanic is a hard and thankless job, far away from the glamour of the podium, but these essential members of the team are always the first up in the morning and the last to go to bed at night - the roadies of the bicycle world. The authors have followed several key professional teams over the past few years and have amassed a collection of wonderful images and experiences of life on the road. Also included is a section of tricks of the trade on bike building and set-up, complete with interviews, techniques and secrets from professional mechanics, plus: * what to expect during a day at a professional race like the Tour de France or Giro d'Italia * what goes on inside a pro-team's garage * what tools and spares the best mechanics use * how to set-up a professional workshop.
- Author BiographyRohan Dubash is a long-standing professional mechanic, bike fitter and exponent of the craft of building bicycles. Rohan is also a regular contributor to cycling magazines and cycling media. He has worked in the workshops of the finest lightweight bicycle dealers and now is a freelance performance bicycle technician. Guy Andrews is the editor of Rouleur magazine and author of several books on the subject of fixing bicycles. Always happy to walk around the team buses at the races and seek out the mechanics rather than the riders themselves. He has been photographing and interviewing mechanics for over a decade. Taz Darling is one of the leading photographers of the professional peloton and a regular contributor to Rouleur magazine. Her reportage has taken fans of the sport deeper into the world of cycling and provided many unflinching and critically acclaimed stories of the world's biggest races.
- Author(s)Guy Andrews,Rohan Dubash
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Series TitleRouleur
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Sport
- Content Notebeautiful photography throughout
- Weight1248 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.