CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book showcases 40 legendary Blues players from Muddy Waters to John Lee Hooker with fascinating stories and inside information. It includes the geographical, social and political history around the time of the blues, from life on the cotton plantations to vibrant city night-life and features previously unpublished photographs of famous blues locations and key players from Bill's personal archive. In this evocative and intensely personal history of the Blues, Bill Wyman pays tribute to the musicians who inspired him and whose music he took around the world as a member of the Rolling Stones.The starting point of Bill's Odyssey is the journey of African slaves to the plantations of America's Deep South. We follow their descendants as they walk travel the highways and ride the railroads out of the Delta and the troubled South via Memphis to the rthern cites of Chicago and St. Louis. But this is superficial history: a society is revealed where poverty and injustice as well as love and faith found their expression in a musical style that gave birth to rock 'n' roll.Location shots of smokey juke joints railroad stations and endless highways combine with stunning maps to bring the Blues alive. Feature spreads with previously unpublished photographs from Bill Wyman's personal showcase 38 Blues legends from Robert Johnson to John Lee Hooker telling the story of their fascinating and often troubled lives. Bill Wyman is a legend in his own right. He has kwn and played with many of the Blue legends and his personal kwledge and unprecedented access give this book an authenticity that is almost impossible to match.
- Author BiographyBill Wyman is a founder member of The Rolling Stones, now playing in his own band The Rhythm Kings. His 3rd album went to no. 1 in the Blues and Jazz charts in 2000 and his 4th album was released in April 2001.
- Author(s)Bill Wyman
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2001
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date01/05/2008
- Content Note1000 illustrations
- Weight1890 g
- Width224 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.