All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a solid, -nsense book, an important one that lays the Bishop controversy to rest...a tour de force of research... - Vancouver Sun A meticulously researched book. - Ian Gillespie, London Free Press Billy Bishop was fiercely ambitious, driven by an undisguised hatred of his enemies. He played hard and fought even harder. A highly skilled pilot and a crack shot, top gun of the Allied air forces, by 1918 Bishop was the most highly decorated war hero in Canadian history. He also remains the most controversial. Some of Bishop's fellow pilots were repelled by his grandstanding and suspected he was deliberately inflating his number of kills. Since then, the claim has been repeated by many others. This issue is at the heart of Billy Bishop: Canadian Hero. In this updated second edition, author Dan McCaffery reviews the evidence in support of his account of what Bishop really did in the skies over France, setting the record straight about one of this country's most famous and controversial figures. About the Author Dan McCaffery is one of Canada's most successful military aviation history writers. He is the author of Hell Island: Canadian Pilots and the 1942 Air Battle for Malta, Air Aces, and Battlefields in the Air, amongst others.
- Author BiographyDAN McCAFFERY is one of Canada's most successful military aviation history writers. He was born in Sarnia, Ontario, where he graduated from the the Journalism Program at Lambton College of Applied Arts and Technology. He worked for the Sarnia Gazette, a weekly newspaper, from 1974 to 1989 as a reporter and later as editor. Since 1989 he has worked at the daily newspaper the Sarnia Observer where he is currently the assignment editor. He has won three Canadian News Awards, two Ontario News Awards and a Western Ontario News Award. He is the author of Hell Island: Canadian Pilots and the 1942 Air Battle for Malta, Billy Bishop: Canadian Hero, Air Aces, Battlefields in the Air, Canadian Warplanes and Bush Planes and Bush Pilots. McCaffery and his wife Val have been married for 28 years.
- Author(s)Dan McCaffery
- PublisherLorimer (James) & Co Ltd ,Canada
- Date of Publication15/01/2011
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintLorimer (James) & Co Ltd ,Canada
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.