All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBilly has it all. Or at least he does when there's a bottle in his hand. Then the world is his oyster, and he the rotting black pearl at its heart. Lover, fighter...and drinker...Billy spends each day battling his demons, and throwing away everyone and everything who can give him hope. Billy and the Devil is a shocking and intimate portrayal of isolation, sexual misadventure, and addiction. Told in a series of unflinching episodes, either first-hand or through the eyes of others, this is a journey to a place of return. But then, what choice does Billy have? By turns sad, poetic, uplifting and brutal, you will be challenged, embraced and ultimately moved by this astonishing debut vel. Raw, real, with moments of pure imaginative, visceral genius, the reader feels every word.
- Author BiographyIn 2002, Dean Lilleyman, drunk, left a warehouse job and went home. He stayed at home for six months and got sober. Then he went to college to get some qualifications (at the age of 35) where he read Raymond Carver and started writing short stories. By 2013, he'd won several awards for his writing, been awarded an MA scholarship, written a novel, and lectured in creative writing at a university. He now writes full time. His first novel is called Billy and the Devil. He is currently working on his second, whilst rebuilding a house, talking to cats, and tending to his chickens.
- Author(s)Dean Lilleyman
- PublisherUrbane Publications
- Date of Publication30/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRochester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUrbane Publications
- Out-of-print date12/12/2016
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.