All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionBio-Guided Music Therapy explores the clinical integration of music and biofeedback, providing the practitioner with a rationale, historical context and detailed step-by-step instructions for implementing real-time physiological data driven music therapy. This practical guide introduces the fundamental principles of biofeedback and explores the use of music therapy interventions in the context of achieving skills in self-regulation of physiological response. The book looks at the primary modalities of biofeedback, in conjunction with the assignment of digitally sampled musical voices to specific body functions. Additional music therapy interventions discussed include guided imagery to music, toning, mantra meditation, drumming and improvisation. We see how physiological data taken in the moment and combined with music therapy techniques, may be successfully applied to the treatment of stress, anxiety, high blood pressure, chronic pain, dementia, migraine, ADHD and addictions. Instructive and accessible, this book will prove an essential resource for students and practitioners of music therapy, biofeedback practitioners, social workers, psychologists and healing arts professionals.
- Author BiographyDr. Eric B. Miller is a psychotherapist, music therapist and biofeedback therapist with experience in inpatient, outpatient, corporate and educational settings. He lectures on Music Therapy at Immaculata University and Montclair University and is a regular speaker at international conferences. Dr. Miller founded the Biofeedback Network and serves as Executive Director of non-profit organizations Expressive Therapy Concepts and Music for People. He resides in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Eric B. Miller
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note48 black and white
- Weight390 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byC. Norman Shealy,Eric B. Miller,Joseph P. Scartelli
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.