All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book uniquely combines cutting-edge medical, psychological, and sociocultural topics pertinent to eating disorders. In the medical realm, the book focuses on Eating Disorders' newly investigated associations with ADHD and sleep disorders, and on invative treatments of osteoporosis in arexia nervosa. Novel contributions in the psychological realm address families' trans-generational transmission of Eating Disorders-related difficulties and vel internet-based treatments for such families. Lastly, in the sociocultural realm, the book discusses social contagion and Pro-Ana websites as increasing risk for disordered eating in young women around the globe. This volume provides readers with more holistic perspectives of each realm and their interplay, to promote Eating Disorders' understanding, treatment, prevention, and research. It provides various professionals including mental health providers, physicians, nutritionists, and graduate students in these professions.
- Author BiographyYael Latzer, DSC is the founder and director of the Eating Disorders Institute, Psychiatric Division at Rambam Medical Center, Haifa. She is a full professor, and the director of the Nutrition Behaviour and Health master program at the Faculty of Social Welfare and Health Sciences at Haifa University, Haifa, Israel. Daniel Stein, MD is the director of the Pediatric Psychosomatic Department, Edmond and Lily Safra Children's Hospital, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel. He is a full professor (clinical) at the Department of Psychiatry and Head of the Section of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, University of Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight508 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDaniel Stein,Yael Latzer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.