All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionBioarchaeology is the analysis of human remains within an interpretative framework that includes contextual information. This comprehensive and much-needed manual provides both a starting point and a reference for archaeologists, bioarchaeologists and others working in this integrative field. The authors cover a range of bioarchaeological methods and theory including: Ethical issues involved in dealing with human remains Theoretical approaches in bioarchaeology Techniques in taphomy and bone analysis Lab and forensic techniques for skeletal analysis Best practices for excavation techniques Special applications in bioarchaeology With case studies from bioarchaeological research, the authors integrate theoretical and methodological discussion with a wide range of field studies from different geographic areas, time periods, and data types, to demonstrate the full scope of this important field of study.
- Author BiographyDebra L. Martin is the Lincy Professor of Anthropology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She directs a graduate program in bioarchaeology. Ryan Harrod is a doctoral candidate in the Department of Anthropology at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and an instructor at College of Southern Nevada. Ventura R. Perez is assistant professor in the Department of Anthropology at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
- Author(s)Debra L. Martin,Ryan P. Harrod,Ventura R. Perez
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleManuals in Archaeological Method, Theory and Technique
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight507 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.