Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Plants by American Society of Plant Physiologists (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $306.31+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $125.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionBiochemistry Molecular Biology of Plants is a major contribution to the plant sciences literature, superbly edited by three distinguished scientists, Bob B. Buchanan, Wilhelm Gruissem, and Russell L. Jones, with contributions from more than 50 world-rewned scientists. With over 1,400 pages, 1,100 full-colour original drawings and 500 photographs this work qualifies, in the words of the Science reviewer, as: an essential reference for practicing plant biologists and for the increasing number of scientists from other disciplines who are entering the field of plant biology. To exploit fully the wealth of new information provided by the geme projects and to integrate the metabolic, regulatory, and signal transduction pathways of complex organisms, biologists will require a solid command of biochemistry and physiology. For this reason, the publication of Biochemistry Molecular Biology of Plants could t have come at a more opportune and auspicious time. This book is meticulously organised and richly illustrated, useful both for teaching and for reference. The multi-authored work provides a contemporary view of its subject, including molecular biology, cell biology, and plant physiology, integrated around the themes of: compartmentation cell reproduction energetics metabolism development Read the words of the reviewer in CELL: The great strength of this book is that it has integrated its three major components (molecular biology, cell biology, and plant biochemistry) in each of the 24 chapters, resulting in a comprehensive analysis of a multitude of specific topics. Who should buy this spectacular new text? Plant biologists and scientists in related fields Professors in departments of plant biology, plant biochemistry, plant physiology, and related fields Graduate and upper-level undergraduate students of plant biology Researchers in the pharmaceutical, biotechlogy, and agribusiness industries A CD-ROM of all illustrative matter in the book is available separately.
- PublisherAmerican Society of Plant Physiologists
- Date of Publication20/03/2002
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Society of Plant Physiologists
- Out-of-print date07/01/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations(some col.), port.
- Weight2776 g
- Width212 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Edited byBob B. Buchanan,Russell L. Jones,Wilhelm Guissem
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.