Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $65.84+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.99+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by alkmaria1955
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionBiodynamic Craniosacral Therapy, Volume 1 is unique in that the therapy is viewed as an art form that psychologists or anyone trained in manual therapy such as massage, chiropractic or physical therapy can use. The beginning of the book discusses various models of craniosacral therapy, and, for the first time in any book, skills are taught based on perceiving a slow rhythmic tidal movement in the fluids of the body called Primary Respiration. Primary Respiration is considered to be the movement of health, wholeness and well-being in the human body. Next the book elaborates upon the unique influence of human embryology in any form of therapy. The word biodynamic derives from the study of embryology and refers to the forces in the fluids that shape the embryo. The spiritual and psychological dimensions of human embryonic development are discussed in detail by experts in the field. The next section contains important new skills for anyone working with infants therapeutically, whether a midwife or a pediatrician. It includes all-new information on infant brain development. For the first time in a book on manual therapy, the analogy of the infant-mother relationship to the patient-therapist relationship is discussed in detail. Finally, a unique perspective on depth psychology is presented. This includes the defining difference between Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy and all other forms of craniosacral therapy, and its alternative focus.
- Author BiographyMichael Shea, PhD, has studied the Cranial Concept for thirty years and taught somatic psychology, myofascial release, visceral manipulation and craniosacral therapy at numerous massage schools and educational centers throughout North America and Europe for nearly three decades. His career focus has been on treating infants and children with neurological problems and developmental delays. Over the past twenty-five years he has presented his pediatric craniosacral therapy programs at children's hospitals, universities, and pediatric clinics in North America. Dr. Shea was one of the first certified Full Instructors of CranioSacral Therapy in 1986 by the Upledger Institute before co-founding the International Affiliation of Biodynamic Trainings (IABT). He has been a licensed massage therapist in the state of Florida, where he lives, since 1976.
- Author(s)Michael Shea
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/04/2007
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Content Noteb&w
- Weight1211 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.