All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBioenergetics is a dynamic form of therapy based on the teachings of Wilhelm Reich. It links physical pain, muscle tension, and postural disorders with state of mind, demonstrating that suppressed emotions, unhappiness, and anger can block energy-flow and cause physical distress. Dr Alexander Lowen, founder and prime mover of this therapy, analyzes common complaints such as headaches and lower-back pain and shows how they can be overcome by releasing the muscular tension that creates them. Through bioenergetic exercise, physical pain can be dissolved and emotion released, leading to a new sense of confidence and well-being. The author also wrote Depression and the Body .
- Author Biography<b>Dr. Alexander Lowen</b> is the creator of bioenergetics, which he has defined as a therapeutic technique to help a person get back together with his body and to help him enjoy to the fullest degree possible the life of the body. Incorporating direct work on the body into the psychoanalytic process, Dr. Lowen practices psychiatry in New York and Connecticut and is the executive director of the Institute of Bioenergetic Analysis. He is married and lives in New Canaan, Connecticut, with his wife and son.
- Author(s)Alexander Lowen
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/02/1994
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Series TitleArkana S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date29/07/2003
- Content Notediagrams, index
- Weight238 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.