All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this valuable book is to consider recent cultural trends in bioethics from a Catholic perspective. The first section describes modern cultural tions of health and human suffering. It examines the meaning of suffering in the contemporary world and relates this discussion to the ethical issues surrounding abortion, euthanasia, and the competing conceptions of health. The second section discusses the philosophical origins of the culture war through an examination of the problematic bases of various forms of moral relativism and its inability to guide moral action. The third section contextualizes this abstract discussion in the current political and legal debate on biotechlogy, marriage, and the family. Bioethics is intended for a lay audience interested in understanding bioethical issues from a Catholic perspective.
- Author BiographyNicholas C. Lund-Molfese, M.A., J.D. is Coordinator of the Ministry in Higher Education Agency of the Archdiocese of Chicago and Director of the Integritas Institute of the John Paul II Newman Center, University of Illinois at Chicago. Michael L. Kelly is an undergraduate at the University of Chicago studying Biology and the History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Science and Medicine. He is an Ethics Fellow and member of the Healthcare Ethics Advisory Board at the Integritas Institute of the John Paul II Newman Center at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication07/12/2004
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight158 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byMichael L.. Kelly,Nicholas C. Lund-Molfese
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.