All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe expanded and revised edition of Bioethics: An Anthology is a definitive one-volume collection of key primary texts for the study of bioethics. * Brings together writings on a broad range of ethical issues relating such matters as reproduction, genetics, life and death, and animal experimentation. * Now includes introductions to each of the sections. * Features new coverage of the latest debates on hot topics such as genetic screening, the use of embryonic human stem cells, and resource allocation between patients. * The selections are independent of any particular approach to bioethics. * Can be used as a source book to complement A Companion to Bioethics (1999).
- Author BiographyHelga Kuhse, former Director of the Centre for Human Bioethics at Monash University, Melbourne, is now Senior Honorary Research Fellow at the Centre. She is author and co-author of several books including Caring: Nurses, Women and Ethics (Blackwell 1996), Willing to Listen - Wanting to Die (1995), Individuals, Humans and Persons: Questions of Life and Death (with Peter Singer, 1994). She is the co-founder of the Blackwell journal Bioethics and is co-editor of the accompanying volume A Companion to Bioethics (Blackwell 1999). Peter Singer is Ira W. DeCamp Professor of Bioethics at the University Center for Human Values, Princeton University. He is the author of Animal Liberation, first published in 1975, and is widely credited with triggering the modern animal rights movement. His Practical Ethics is one of the most widely used texts in applied ethics, and Rethinking Life and Death received the 1995 Australian National Book Council's Banjo Award for nonfiction. He was the foundation president of the International Association of Bioethics.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2006
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleBlackwell Philosophy Anthologies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Out-of-print date03/02/2016
- Content Note0
- Weight1140 g
- Width173 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byHelga Kuhse,Peter Singer
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.