All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionThere is a new breed of athletic coach in the educational arena. While on speaking engagements around the world, I've en- couraged coaches to jump head first and quickly into sports science. The reason is simple. With new electronic commu- nication systems coming on the market almost daily, athletes can get valid and reliable information to help them maximize sports skills, and this information can come faster than most coaches are able to deliver. Coaches have historically rejected most sports science efforts in favor of traditional seat of the pants systems, but w there is a new kind of athlete who is asking questions never before presented to the coach. Professional athletes are individually seeking out sports scientists for answers to their particular problems. Stories appear daily in the media about athletes making quantum jumps in performance as a result of their association with sports scientists. The tidal wave is building and one can stop it-t even the sporting goods industry. High-tech athletic equipment is w a must in nearly every sport. Large sporting goods companies have nearly gone bankrupt because of competitors' new high-tech prod- ucts. ix X FoREWORD The tail is wagging the dog. Professional, amateur, and weekend athletes alike are demanding technical answers of our sports leaders, and they are going elsewhere if the correct answers aren't available. The number of Olympic athletes visiting our Coto Research Center in California is staggering.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication31/05/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight343 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byJ.H. Sandweiss,S.L. Wolf
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1985
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.