All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEach of the five stories featured in this collection explores the precariousness of life. Presented to the reader as documentary summaries and scientific reports, they are beautiful in their simplicity, leaving the reader haunted and unsettled. The title story presents scientific research findings about a species of winged mice that are unable to fly and, whilst breeding, shed tears but then die, leading their species to extinction. Eerily, the scientists conducting the research both die from incurable diseases in the process.
- Author BiographyBorn in Hokkaido in 1961, Tatsuaki Ishiguro has served as a lecturer at Tokyo University and as an assistant professor at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and currently practices at a clinic in Tokyo. As the author of a unique brand of science fiction, he has been nominated for the Akutagawa Award, the Yukio Mishima Award, and the Seiun (Nebula) Award. Biogenesis is his first work to appear in English.
- Author(s)Tatsuaki Ishiguro
- PublisherVertical Inc.
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVertical Inc.
- Weight226 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.