All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe experiences of other people are among the most powerful of all teaching tools. This is especially true of those who are part of the biblical story. Recorded and preserved by God, their stories offer timeless principles for living. Biographical preaching--preaching about biblical people with exegetical integrity--is becoming a lost art, depriving the modern pastor of its life-changing benefits. In this guide for pastors, Dr. Larry Overstreet offers practical advice on bringing to life the people of the Bible for the people in the pew. He presents a workable method to determine the principles that directed the life of a Bible character and shows contemporary pastors how to apply those principles effectively to the modern listener. Included are the philosophy and value of biographical preaching, the method and mechanics of biographical preaching, and a model demonstrating how to preach biographically. Each chapter features clear objectives review questions, and practical exercises for application.
- Author(s)R Larry Overstreet
- PublisherKregel Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication02/10/2001
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKregel Publications,U.S.
- Weight268 g
- Width142 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.