Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis first introductory book designed to train vice programmers is based on a student course taught by the author, and has been optimized for biology students without previous experience in programming. By interspersing theory chapters with numerous small and large programming exercises, the author quickly shows readers how to do their own programming, and throughout uses anecdotes and real-life examples from the biosciences to 'spice up' the text. This practical book thus teaches essential programming skills for life scientists who want -- or need -- to write their own bioinformatics software tools.
- Author BiographyRudiger-Marcus Flaig studied Biology at the University of Heidelberg (Germany) where he obtained a Sc.D. degree, followed by a Ph.D. degree from the German Cancer Research Center. After postdoctoral work at the Universities of Giebetaen and Heidelberg he trained as a patent attorney and is now handling biotech patent applications for the European Patent Office in Munich. From 2003 to 2005 he developed and repeatedly taught a course on bioinformatics programming for biology students.
- Author(s)Ruediger-Marcus Flaig
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication20/02/2008
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight802 g
- Width173 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.