All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first to be dedicated to the bioinformatics of carbohydrates and glycoproteins. It provides an introduction to this emerging field of science both for the experimentalist working in glycobiology and glycomics, and also for the computer scientist looking for background information for the development of highly sophisticated algorithmic approaches. The book provides an overview of the state-of-the-art in the field, with reviews on databases, and the tools in use for analysis, interpretation, and prediction of the structures of complex carbohydrates, and demonstrates the value of bioinformatics for glycobiology. The availability of comprehensive databases and corresponding bioinformatics tools, to access and analyse the large amounts of experimental data relating to the structure of carbohydrates, will be a prerequisite for the success of the large-scale glycomics projects that aim to decipher new, so far unkwn, biological functions of glycans. Efficient bioinformatics descriptions and tools can considerably enhance the efficiency of glycomics research, in terms of data quality, analysis and experimental costs. For a complete understanding of the molecular processes in which carbohydrates are involved, such as protein-carbohydrate interactions and the impact of glycosylation on protein function, kwledge of the 3D structure of the carbohydrate, the protein-carbohydrate complex, or the glycoprotein is often indispensable. This book provides a thorough introduction into methods used for conformational analysis of carbohydrates. Key features:* Describes bioinformatic approaches to handle carbohydrate-active enzymes and glycosylation.* Provides an overview on bioinformatics tools that facilitate analysis of carbohydrate structures.* Gives introduction into molecular modelling of carbohydrate 3D structure and carbohydrates contained in the Protein Databank.* Assumes only a basic kwledge of biology and bioinformatics.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2009
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight980 g
- Width175 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edited byClaus-Wilhelm von der Lieth,Martin Frank,Thomas Luetteke
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.