All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of electromagnetic bioeffects is multidisciplinary; it draws heavily from the disciplines of physics, engineering, mathematics, biol- ogy, chemistry, medicine, and environmental health. This book is about these disciplines and how they mutually integrate in the study of electromagnetic pathophysiology. Over aperiod of years, the authors have become increasingly aware of the difficulty in locating information concerning interaction of electro- magnetic energy and biological tissues. There are numerous reports and publications, but single comprehensive source in the American literature where such information is readily accessible. Regrettably, much of the importantinformation is contained in government documents and reports, some of which are inaccessible, or spread through many diverse journals, making retrieval and analysis of the material difficult. Although this book is primarily clinically oriented, it also focuses on those biophysical, biochemical, and fundamental molecular studies and findings that provide the basis for understanding the presence or absence of pathophysiological manifestations of exposure to radiofrequency, including microwave, energies. Detailed discussion and analysis of the relevant comprehensive physics, engineering, and biophysics are con- tained in Chapters 2-5. Because the treatment is multidisciplinary, wherever possible analy- sis is begun with basic background information that may appear elementary to some readers but is essential to understanding for those from a different discipline. Most confusion and controversies that exist in the field today arise from individuals of one discipline t appreciating basic facts or theories from ather.
- Author(s)James C. Lin,Sol M. Michaelson,Solomon Michaelson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1038 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.