Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionBIOLOGY: ORGANISMS AND ADAPTIONS, International Edition captures your passion and excitement for the living world! The authors build on the connection we all have to nature to inspire you to engage with biology in the same way you do when visiting zoos, aquariums, or just taking a walk in the park. Each chapter uses fascinating organisms such as blue whales, salamanders, and redwood trees to present, organize, and integrate biological concepts. Merging the excitement and passion for living things with an understanding of biological concepts, this highly accessible and practical approach to the study of biology develops scientific literacy and connective thinking.
- Author BiographyDr. Robert K. Noyd is Professor of Biology at the U.S. Air Force Academy where he teaches botany, general biology, and senior seminar courses. He has 28 years teaching experience at the secondary, community college, small college, university, and service academy levels of education. In addition to his classroom teaching, his background includes faculty development, biology research, editorial book development, and medical sales. An educational innovator, he authored The Microbial Profile (McGraw-Hill), a book that takes students through creating an integrated profile of a microorganism. Robert traces his teaching philosophical roots to Dr. David Ausubel and his assimilation theory of meaningful learning and uses his methods of advance organizers and concept maps in his classes. Robert's teaching accomplishments have led him to guide the teaching and learning of other faculty. He recently served as the Academy's Director of Faculty Development from 2004-2007 directing the professional development of the Academy's 550 faculty members. Dr. Jerome A. Krueger is a Biological Scientist and Planning Staff Officer for the Bitterroot National Forest with the U.S. Forest Service. Dr. Krueger has 15 years of university teaching experience along with 11 years teaching US Air Force technical training classes. His current academic affiliation is with the Bitterroot College, a satellite of the University of Montana where he works with the administration on curriculum development and teaching Botany. As an Associate Professor at South Dakota State University, he helped lead majors and non-majors Introductory Biology programs, as well as teaching a wide range of science courses and continuing education workshops to high school science teachers. During this time he served on two science education boards of directors and currently is the Science Advisor for the SD Discovery Center. While appointed to the faculty at the US Air Force Academy Dr. Krueger developed innovative science curriculum, led undergraduate research programs and taught a diverse offering of science courses including introductory biology. Kendra Hill is a full time Instructor at the South Dakota State University currently teaching non-majors biology. In addition to teaching the non-majors course, Kendra also serves as the Lab Coordinator for all of the Introductory Biology Labs offered by South Dakota State University. In these positions, she provide Graduate Teaching Assistants fundamental skills and mentoring for teaching science labs. She has also taught Introductory Biology Labs for majors. In all of these classes, Kendra works hard to select material that the students are familiar with and thus can relate the biological concepts that are presented. In other words, Kendra views the instructor's role to help the students make the connection of biology and their everyday life. Prior to her academic career, Kendra worked as a Production Manager in the biotechnology industry for 12 years. Areas of responsibility focused on research reagents and included Microarrays, Custom Primer Production, Molecular Biology Reagent Kits and Packaging.
- Author(s)Jerome Krueger,Kendra Hill,Robert Noyd
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour), maps (colour)
- Weight1420 g
- Width230 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.