All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionBiology in Physics is a radical new book which bridges the gap between biology and physics. The aim is to promote an interdisciplinary exchange of scientific information and ideas, in order to stimulate cooperation in research. The scope of this volume explores both the concepts and techniques of biophysics and illustrates the latest advances in our understanding of many of the specific mechanisms that are used by living organisms. This volume represents a special effort to bring together the information that would allow a nbiologically oriented physicist to appreciate the important role that physics plays in life sciences.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1947 in Moscow, Russia. Graduated from Moscow Physico-Technical University in 1969. Then studied electrical fields emerging in brain and heart. Got first scientific degree -candidate in physics and math - in 1972. Then worked for Cardiology Research Center (Moscow, Russia) studying mechanics of heart muscle, and got doctoral degree in biology in 1988. Now working for Institute of Developmental Biology (Moscow, Russia).
- Author(s)Konstantin Yu Bogdanov
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication21/10/1999
- Series TitlePolymers, Interfaces and Biomaterials
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.