All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.72Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
About this product
- DescriptionThe Third Edition of Biology of Fishes is chiefly about fish as remarkably efficient machines for coping with the many problems that life in water entails, and looks at many such special cases. Fishes form the largest group of vertebrates, with around 20,000 kwn species, and they display a remarkable diversity of size, shape, internal structure and ecology to cope with environments ranging from transient puddles to the abyssal depths of the sea. Biology of Fishes does t try to cover all aspects of fish biology, but focuses on the ingenious ways in which fish have resolved the particular problems that come from living in water, especially body fluid regulation, locomotion, feeding mechanisms, and sensory systems. Eugh detail is provided for the reader to be able to go on and use primary research papers. Each chapter has been thoroughly updated and a new chapter on the immune system has been added. This is an ideal textbook for students of fish biology and any of the branches of aquatic biology. Given its skilful combination of breadth and detail, the book also provides a manageable review of fish biology for experienced biologists.
- Author BiographyProfessor Quentin Bone, FRS is an honorary Research Fellow at The Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom (MBA) and Plymouth Marine Laboratory, UK. Dr. Richard H Moore is Professor of Biology at Coastal Carolina University, USA.
- Author(s)Quentin Bone,Richard Moore
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note280 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 280 black & white line drawings
- Weight839 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.