All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an introduction to the field of biomarkers, how they have been and can be used, and how different approaches can be used to identify, characterize, and monitor biomarkers. The book has chapters on topics including HIV, Cancer, Parkinson's, vascular injury, environmental exposure. A following section discusses the techlogies (diagstics and assays) to detect biomarkers and authors have emphasized the preclinical and clinical manifestation of the injury/disease process.
- Author BiographyVISHAL S. VAIDYA, PhD, is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School in the Renal Division of Brigham and Women's Hospital. He directs the Laboratory of Kidney Toxicology and Regeneration with a research emphasis on discovery and evaluation of biomarkers and biosensors for early detection of kidney injury and investigates the molecular mechanisms of kidney tissue repair. Dr. Vaidya has authored more than thirty-five original research articles and twelve chapters and reviews. He serves as a councilor for the northeast chapter of the Society of Toxicology and is an elected member of Harvard School of Public Health's Center for Environmental Health. He is the recipient of the Pathway to Independence grant by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences. JOSEPH V. BONVENTRE, MD, PhD, is the Samuel A. Levine Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. He is also Chief of the Renal Division and Director of the Biomedical Engineering Division of Brigham and Women's Hospital and is President-elect of the American Society of Nephrology. He has authored more than 250 original papers and 120 chapters and reviews. His research focuses primarily on the study of kidney injury and repair and signal transduction, with special emphasis on the role of inflammation, biomarkers, and stem cells. Bonventre has received a MERIT award from the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1046 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byJoseph V. Bonventre,Vishal S. Vaidya
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.