All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis proceedings volume represents the culmination of nearly three years of planning, organizing and carrying out of a NATO Ad- vanced Study Institute on Biomass Utilization. The effort was initi- ated by Dr. Harry Sobel, then Editor of Biosources Digest, and a steering committee representing the many disciplines that this field brings together. . When the fiscal and logistical details of the original plan could t be worked out, the idea was temporarily suspended. In the spring of 1982, the Renewable Materials Institute of the State University of New York at the College of Environmental Science and Forestry in Syracuse, New York revived the plan. A number of modifications had to be made, including the venue which was changed from the U.S.A. to Portugal. Additional funding beyond the basic support provided by the Scientific Affairs Division of NATO had to be obtained. Ul timately there were supplementary grants from the Foundation for Microbiology and the Anne S. Richardson Fund to assist student participants. The New York State College of Forestry Foundation, Inc. provided major support through the Renewable Ma- terials Institute. The ASI was held in Alcabideche, Portugal from September 26 to October 9, 1982. Eighty participants including fifteen principal lecturers were assembled at the Hotel Sintra Estoril for the program that was organized as a comprehensive course on biomass utilization. The main lectures were supplemented by relevant short papers offered by the participants.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/05/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleNATO Science Series A
- Series Part/Volume Number67
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1431 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byWilfred Cote
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.