All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is essential when designing, developing and studying biomedical materials...provides an excellent review-from a patient, disease, and even genetic point of view-of materials engineering for the biomedical field...This well presented book strongly insists on how the materials can influence patients' needs, the ultimate drive for biomedical engineering...[presents an] Interesting and invative review from a patient focus perspective-the book emphasizes the importance of the patients, which is t often covered in other biomedical material's books. -Fanny Raisin-Dadre, BioInteractions Ltd., Berkshire, England Going far beyond the coverage in most standard books on the subject, Biomaterials Science: An Integrated Clinical and Engineering Approach offers a solid overview of the use of biomaterials in medical devices, drug delivery, and tissue engineering. Combining discussion of materials science and engineering perspectives with clinical aspects, this book emphasizes integration of clinical and engineering approaches. In particular, it explores various applications of biomaterials in fields including tissue engineering, neurosurgery, hemocompatibility, BioMEMS, naparticle-based drug delivery, dental implants, and obstetrics/gynecology. The book engages those engineers and physicians who are applying biomaterials at various levels to: Increase the rate of successful deployment of biomaterials in humans Lower the side-effects of such a deployment in humans Accumulate kwledge and experience for improving current methodologies Incorporate information and understanding relevant to future challenges, such as permanent artificial organ transplants Using a variety of contributors from both the clinical and engineering sides of the fields mentioned above, this book stands apart by emphasizing a need for the often lacking approach that integrates these two equally important aspects.
- Author BiographyYitzhak Rosen, MD, is a graduate of the Tel Aviv University of Medicine. He is currently a visiting research scientist at the Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He is also the president and CEO of Superior NanoBioSystems LLC, a biomedical company. He has served in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) as a medical officer and physician in militarily active areas. He completed a medical internship at the Rabin Medical Center and has worked at the Oncology Institutes of both the Rabin and the Sheba Medical Centers in Israel. He has invented a microfluidic chip platform, funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), for effecting extremely rapid blood typing and cross-matching for mass casualties in collaboration with the MEMS and Nanotechnology Exchange. In addition, he is the inventor of several medical ultrasound technologies. Noel Elman, Ph.D, is currently a research scientist at the Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He leads a translational research group focused on biomedical technologies based on nano- and microtechnologies for both diagnostics and therapeutics. He received his BS and Master's degrees in Electrical Engineering from Cornell University, where he focused on the development of MEMS and MOEMS micro-(opto)-electromechanical systems. He received his PhD degree in Physical Electronics from the Department of Electrical Engineering at Tel Aviv University in 2006. He then pursued postdoctoral research work at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering working closely with Dr. M. J Cima, Dr. Robert Langer, and Dr. John Joannopoulos, combining and applying a multidisciplinary approach to create novel biomedical microdevices based on MEMS and nanotechnologies for both therapeutics and diagnostics.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/07/2012
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note66 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables, 8 colour tables
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byNoel Elman,Yitzhak Rosen
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.