All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionNovel Biomaterials for Bone Regeneration provides a comprehensive review of currently available biomaterials and how they can be applied in bone regeneration. In recent decades, there has been a shift from the idea of using biomaterials as passive substitutes for damaged bones towards the concept of biomaterials as aids for the regeneration of a host's own bone tissue. This has generated an important field of research and a range of techlogical developments. Part one of this book discusses a wide range of materials, including calcium phosphate cements, hydrogels, biopolymers, synthetic polymers, and shape memory polymers. Part two then turns to the processing and surface modification of biomaterials, as well as how biomaterials can be evaluated both for their mechanical properties and for immucompatibility with the host. Finally, part three covers a variety of cellular approaches, and production and delivery of biomaterials for bone regeneration. Chapters also consider the potential of electromagnetic and ultrasonic stimulation of biomaterials to aid in the regenerative process. Novel Biomaterials for Bone Regeneration represents an important resource for academics, clinicians, and industry professionals working in the area of biomedical materials, providing them with both an overview of the current state-of-the-art, and an indication of potential future developments.
- Author BiographyProfessor Dubruel is the head of the Polymer Chemistry and Biomaterials Group at Ghent University and board member of the European Society for Biomaterials. Professor Van Vlierberghe is active in the same group and the spokesperson of the Young Scientist Forum (YSF) of the European Society for Biomaterials.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication02/06/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Biomaterials
- Series Part/Volume Number75
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight890 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byPeter Dubruel,Sandra Van Vlierberghe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.