All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
About this product
- DescriptionBiomaterials for Clinical Applications is organized according to the World Health Organization's report of the top 11 causes of death worldwide, and lays out opportunities for both biomaterials scientists and physicians to tackle each of these leading contributors to mortality. The introductory chapter discusses the global burden of disease. Each of the subsequent eleven chapters focuses on a specific disease process, beginning with the leading cause of death worldwide, cardiovascular disease. The chapters start with describing diseases where clinical needs are most pressing, and then envisions how biomaterials can be designed to address these needs, instead of the more techlogically centered approached favored by most books in the field. This book, then, should appeal to chemical engineers and bioengineers who are designing new biomaterials for drug delivery and vaccine delivery, as well as tissue engineering.
- Author BiographySujata K. Bhatia is a physician-scientist at DuPont Applied BioSciences, and an affiliated faculty member in the Department of Chemical Engineering at the University of Delaware. She earned three bachelor's degrees, in biology, biochemistry, and chemical engineering, and a master's degree in chemical engineering at the University of Delaware. She then attended the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, where she earned her MD and PhD in bioengineering. She currently contributes to medical biomaterials projects, as well as health and nutrition programs at DuPont. She teaches biochemical engineering and biomedical engineering courses at the University of Delaware.
- Author(s)Sujata K. Bhatia
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/09/2010
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note75 black & white tables, biography
- Weight662 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.