All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe second edition of this popular introductory undergraduate textbook uses examples, applications, and profiles of biomedical engineers to show students the relevance of the theory and how it can be used to solve real problems in human medicine. The essential molecular biology, cellular biology, and human physiology background is included for students to understand the context in which biomedical engineers work. Updates throughout highlight important advances made over recent years, including iPS cells, microRNA, namedicine, imaging techlogy, biosensors, and drug delivery systems, giving students a modern description of the various subfields of biomedical engineering. Over two hundred quantitative and qualitative exercises, many new to this edition, help consolidate learning, whilst a solutions manual, password-protected for instructors, is available online. Finally, students can enjoy an expanded set of leader profiles in biomedical engineering within the book, showcasing the broad range of career paths open to students who make biomedical engineering their calling.
- Author BiographyW. Mark Saltzman is the Goizueta Professor of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering at Yale University, and was the founding Chair of the Yale Department of Biomedical Engineering. He has taught numerous courses on topics in biomedical engineering over the last three decades, and has been widely recognised for his excellence in research and teaching. He is a Fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering and a Fellow of the Biomedical Engineering Society. He is also the recipient of the 2014 Mines Medal and has been elected to the Institute of Medicine.
- Author(s)W. Mark Saltzman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleCambridge Texts in Biomedical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note253 b/w illus. 245 colour illus. 30 tables
- Weight1810 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.