All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionBiomedical scientists are the foundation of modern healthcare, from cancer screening to diagsing HIV, from blood transfusion for surgery to food poisoning and infection control. Without biomedical scientists, the diagsis of disease, the evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment, and research into the causes and cures of disease would t be possible. The Fundamentals of Biomedical Science series has been written to reflect the challenges of practicing biomedical science today. It draws together essential basic science with insights into laboratory practice to show how an understanding of the biology of disease is coupled to the analytical approaches that lead to diagsis. Assuming only a minimum of prior kwledge, the series reviews the full range of disciplines to which a Biomedical Scientist may be exposed - from microbiology to cytopathology to transfusion science. A core text in the Fundamentals of Biomedical Science series, Biomedical Science Practice gives a comprehensive overview of the key laboratory techniques and professional skills that students need to master. The text is supported throughout with engaging clinical case studies, written to emphasize the link between theory and practice, providing a strong foundation for beginning biomedical science students.
- Author BiographyDr Nessar Ahmed is a Reader in Clinical Biochemistry at the Manchester Metropolitan University where his research examines the role of protein glycation in diabetes. His teaching includes clinical biochemistry, endocrinology, and analytical science. Hedley Glencross is an Advanced Specialist Biomedical Scientist at the Cytology Department, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, where his special interest is in diagnostic (non-gynaecological cytology. He is an elected member of the Executive Committee of the British Association for Cytopathology and is also an assessor for UK NEQAS. Dr Qiuyu Wang is a Senior Lecturer in Molecular and Cell Biology at the Manchester Metropolitan University. Her major research interest is in cancer biology and stem cell biology. She teaches many aspects of Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleFundamentals of Biomedical Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note270 colour line drawings and photographs
- Weight960 g
- Width193 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byHedley Glencross,Nessar Ahmed,Qiuyu Wang
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.