All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
About this product
- DescriptionBiometrics: Personal Identification in Networked Society is a comprehensive and accessible source of state-of-the-art information on all existing and emerging biometrics: the science of automatically identifying individuals based on their physiological or behavior characteristics. In particular, the book covers: general principles and ideas of designing biometric-based systems and their underlying tradeoffs; identification of important issues in the evaluation of biometrics-based systems; integration of biometric cues, and the integration of biometrics with other existing techlogies; assessment of the capabilities and limitations of different biometrics. It provides: the comprehensive examination of biometric methods in commercial use and in research development; exploration of some of the numerous privacy and security implications of biometrics. Also included are chapters on face and eye identification, speaker recognition, networking, and other timely techlogy-related issues. All chapters are written by leading internationally recognized experts from academia and industry. Biometrics: Personal Identification in Networked Society is an invaluable work for scientists, engineers, application developers, systems integrators, and others working in biometrics.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/10/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight715 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAnil K. Jain,Rudd M. Bolle,Sharath Pankanti
- Edition Statement1st ed. 1999. 2nd printing 2005
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.