All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionA practical guide to the most useful bioprocess techniques for Bioprocess Production of Flavor, Fragrance, and Color Ingredients In these days of increasing consumer preference for natural foods, biological production of food ingredients is more important than ever before. This book is an in-depth review of bioprocess production of flavor, fragrance, and color ingredients, including esters, aldehydes, lactones, pyrazines, terpeids, dairy flavors such as methyl ketones, and savory flavors such as HVPs, nucleotides, yeast autolysates, and extracts. Techlogies of interest to the food and flavor industry are also covered, including genetic engineering and plant tissue culture, with specific examples taken from flavors and fragrances. Additionally, one entire chapter is devoted to ntechnical issues such as regulation of biotechlogy products in foods, consumer perception of the new biotechlogy, definition and importance of the word natural, and other related issues. The book addresses a wide range of topics from a rapidly advancing field, yet each topic is covered thoroughly and the most up-to-date material is included. Presentation is practical and down-to-earth, so that the material can be readily digested and applied by food, flavor, and fragrance industry professionals.
- Author BiographyALAN GABELMAN has been involved in biological production of food and flavor ingredients for over 15 years. He is presently with Tastemaker, the world's fifth--largest flavor company. Gabelman's experience in fermentation and downstream purification covers the range from laboratory development (including two patents) to plant operations support. Gabelman holds a BS in chemical engineering from Cornell University and an MChE from the University of Delaware. He is a Registered Professional Engineer in the state of Delaware and a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication18/10/1994
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight714 g
- Width165 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byAlan Gabelman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.