All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionLactic acid bacteria (LAB) have historically been used as starter cultures for the production of fermented foods, especially dairy products. Over recent years, new areas have had a strong impact on LAB studies: the application of omics tools; the study of complex microbial ecosystems, the discovery of new LAB species, and the use of LAB as powerhouses in the food and medical industries. This second edition of Biotechlogy of Lactic Acid Bacteria: Novel Applications addresses the major advances in the fields over the last five years. Thoroughly revised and updated, the book includes new chapters. Among them: * The current status of LAB systematics; * The role of LAB in the human intestinal microbiome and the intestinal tract of animals and its impact on the health and disease state of the host; * The involvement of LAB in fruit and vegetable fermentations; * The production of nutraceuticals and aroma compounds by LAB; and * The formation of biofilms by LAB. This book is an essential reference for established researchers and scientists, clinical and advanced students, university professors and instructors, nutritionists and food techlogists working on food microbiology, physiology and biotechlogy of lactic acid bacteria.
- Author BiographyFernanda Mozzi, Ph.D., Raul R. Raya, Ph.D. and Graciela M. Vignolo , Ph.D are colleagues at Centro de Referencia para Lactobacilos (CERELA) -CONICET, Tucuman, Argentina. Drs. Mozzi, Raya and Vignolo are engaged as Scientific Researchers by the National (Argentinean) Council for Scientific and Technological Research (CONICET).
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/11/2015
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight754 g
- Width172 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byFernanda Mozzi,Graciela M. Vignolo,Raul R. Raya
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.