All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionFamily-focused psychoeducational treatment (FFT) is among a very small number of psychosocial treatments that have been found to be effective in multiple studies to improve the course of bipolar disorder. This indispensable guide describes how to implement FFT with adult and adolescent patients and their family members. Provided are practical procedures for helping families understand the nature of bipolar disorder, strengthen their communication skills, solve day-to-day problems, and reduce the risk and severity of relapse. The book incorporates state-of-the-art kwledge on the illness and its biological and psychosocial management. More than a dozen reproducible handouts are included.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Miklowitz, PhD, is Professor of Psychiatry at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), School of Medicine and Senior Clinical Researcher at the University of Oxford, United Kingdom. He directs the Child and Adolescent Mood Disorders Program and the Integrative Study Center in Mood Disorders at the UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior. Dr. Miklowitz is a recipient of the Distinguished Investigator Award from the National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression, the Mogens Schou Award for Research from the International Society for Bipolar Disorders, the Bipolar Mood Disorder Research Award from the Brain and Behavior Research Foundation, and the Gerald L. Klerman Senior Investigator Award from the Depressive and Bipolar Support Alliance.
- Author(s)David J. Miklowitz
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication20/04/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight512 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.