All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionAn early classic from the Man Booker-prize winning author of The Sea. I am therefore I think. So starts John Banville's 1973 vel Birchwood, a vel that centers around Gabriel Godkin and his return to his dilapidated family estate. After years away, Gabriel returns to a house filled with memories and despair. Delving deep into family secrets--a cold father, a tortured mother, an insane grandmother--Gabriel also recalls his first encounters with love and loss. At once a vel of a family, of isolation, and of a blighted Ireland, Birchwood is a remarkable and complex story about the end of incence for one boy and his country, told in the brilliantly styled prose of one of our most essential writers.
- Author BiographyJohn Banville is the author of ten novels, including the Man Booker-prize winning novel The Sea. He lives in Dublin, Ireland.
- Author(s)John Banville
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight181 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.