All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough a hundred short vignettes accompanied by stunning avian portraits, Bird Brains takes a look at the antics, behaviors, and idiosyncrasies of wild birds from the viewpoint of a professional wildlife biologist and award-winning wildlife photographer. Titlow understands the often wild and wacky lives of birders--those who are always ready and willing to drop everything at a moment's tice and twitch off to some exotic locations just to add ather checkmark to their life lists. His engaging stories, complemented by vivid images, provide a fascinating compendium of wild bird lore perfectly suited to the 65-million-plus birders across the United States.
- Author BiographyBudd Titlow, a professional wildlife biologist and certified wetlands scientist, is an international award-winning nature photographer, writer, and national workshop and field trip leader. He has conducted more than one hundred surveys of wild bird habitats and breeding bird populations throughout the United States. He has authored two other books: Rocky Mountain National Park: Beyond Trail Ridge and Seashells: Jewels from the Ocean. A member of the board of directors for the North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA), Budd lives in Tallahassee, Florida. Visit him at buddtitlow.com.
- Author(s)Budd Titlow
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight51 g
- Width190 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.