All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThis work on Charlie Bird Parker offers a picture of t only of the saxophonist-composer as an artist and as a human being, but also of zeitgeist and the musical/social setting that produced him. It shows his complex personality; his great appetites; the extent of his influence; and his work.
- Author BiographyRoss Russell is the author of The Sound, a novel of the jazz world, and Jazz Style in Kansas City and the Southwest. In 1946 he formed Dial Records, heading the company for a decade, during which he released records by Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, and Miles Davis.
- Author(s)Ross Russell
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication01/03/1996
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Note32 photographs
- Weight510 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.