More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.40Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.78
- AU $12.21Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- SynopsisTo celebrate their twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, Harry and Deb Ralston go out to dinner at the Bird Cage, a restaurant in downtown Fort Worth. Its fancy dinners are complemented by a floor show featuring a young woman on a flying trapeze, reminding Deb nostalgically of the three-ring circus she and her family visited when she was a girl. The romance of the evening is ruined, however, when the performer plummets to her death - an "accident" caused by deliberate cuts in the ropes suspending her in midair forty feet above the tables. Once again, Deb Ralston - Detective Deb Ralston - must put her personal life on hold because duty calls. Well, sort of on hold: Another murder only means this working mother must juggle taking care of the baby, the teenager, and the pit bull (not to mention the husband and the recently divorced partner, who confesses he's developed a crush on Deb) with her increasingly time-consuming and dangerous job.
- AuthorLee Martin
- Publication Date1996-12-01
- PublisherHarlequin Enterprises, Limited
- Publication Year1996
- Weight2.9 Oz
- Height0.7 In.
- Width4.1 In.
- Length6.6 In.
- Dewey Decimal813/.54
- Dewey Edition20
Most relevant reviews
- 1029455152@dele...08 Jul, 2011by
A cozy mystery with a touch of real life for added punch.
This is a excellent book. If you like cozy mysteries this is for you. Good for rainy days, lazy days, or any other day of the week. Lee Martin really brings the characters to life. She shows that women can have it all, even if it includes shedding pets, cranky husbands, or babies spitting up on you.