All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Canada's top birding team comes the definitive guide to finding birds in British Columbia. Veteran naturalist and birdfinder Richard Cannings and his son, Russell, a gifted birder in his own right, use their combined kwledge and expertise to guide readers to the best birding sites in the province. The book is divided into eleven regions, from Vancouver Island to the Far North, providing bird lovers with detailed information about how to reach the best sites to look for birds, when to look for them, and what they might find. Packed with descriptions of the natural history, ecosystems, and diverse landscapes of British Columbia and accompanied by numerous maps, this thorough guide is enhanced by Donald Gunn's charming line drawings and the authors' infectious enthusiasm, making it a must-have for vice and expert birders alike.
- Author BiographyRichard Cannings works as a consulting biologist assessing endangered species and organizing broad-scale bird population surveys. He teaches field ecology at the University of British Columbia and was curator of the Cowan Vertebrate Museum at the university for fifteen years. He is the author of Flights of Imagination and An Enchantment of Birds. Growing up in the Cannings family, it was easy for Russell Cannings to develop an appreciation for birds. In 2010, he set a new B.C. record for birds seen in one year (373 species), and in 2012, Maclean's named him Canada's top birder. He works as a field biologist.
- Author(s)Richard Cannings,Russell Cannings
- PublisherGreystone Books,Canada
- Date of Publication08/08/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGreystone Books,Canada
- Content Note40 illustrations, Maps
- Weight628 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.