All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionFrom pine forest to desert scrub, from alpine meadow to riparian wetland, Albuquerque and its surrounding area in New Mexico offer an appealing variety of wildlife habitat. Birders are likely to see more than two hundred speciesduring a typical year of bird-watching. Now, two experienced birders, Judith Liddell and Barbara Hussey, share their intimate kwledge of the best places to find birds in and around this important region. Covering the Rio Grande corridor, the Sandia and Manza Mountains, Petroglyph National Monument, and the preserved areas and wetlands south of Albuquerque (including crane and waterfowl haven Bosque del Apache), Birding Hotspots of Central New Mexico offers twenty-nine geographically organized site descriptions, including maps and photographs, trail diagrams, and images of some of the birds and scenery birders will enjoy. Along with a general description of each area, the authors list target birds; explain where and when to look for them; give driving directions; provide information about public transportation, parking, fees, restrooms, food, and lodging; and give tips on availability of water and picnic facilities and on the presence of hazards such as rattlesnakes, bears, and poison ivy. The book includes a 'helpful information' section that discusses weather, altitude, safety, transportation, and other local birding resources. The American Birding Association's code of birding ethics appears in the back of the book, along with an antated checklist of 222 bird species seen with some regularity in and around Albuquerque.
- Author BiographyJUDY LIDDELL is a board member of the Central New Mexico Audubon Society and a bird monitor for the Rio Grande Nature Center in Albuquerque. In addition to being a former president and board member of the Central New Mexico Audubon Society, BARBARA HUSSEY is also a founding member of the Rio Grande Nature Center.
- Author(s)Barbara Hussey,Judy Liddell
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleATM Nature Guides
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight551 g
- Width152 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.