All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionClaire Malroux's lyrical poetry sings in discord with French Symbolist and Surrealist traditions. This is a book of extraordinary beauty: love songs, hard-earned belief and disbelief. She does all this through observation of the natural world, language, and the human spirit. These are urban and pastoral poems. Here's chamber music and music for a full orchestra. Malroux's poetry requires a great translator and she has one in Marilyn Hacker, a major, prize-winning American poet.
- Author BiographyCLAIRE MALROUX, was born in the south of France, but now divides her time between Paris and Cabourg. She divides her efforts, similarly, between poetry and translation. She is the author of ten books of poems, most recently La Femme Sans Paroles and Suspens. Chambre avec vue sur l'eternite, an imaginative study of Emily Dickinson, was published by Gallimard in 2005. <p/>MARILYN HACKER was born in New York, but now splits her time between New York, where she teaches at City College, and Paris. Her first collection, Presentation Piece, won the National Book Award. She is the author of eleven books, including Desesperanto and Essays on Departure. She has translated many contemporary French poets, including Claire Malroux, Guy Goffette, Hedi Kaddour, and Venus Khoury-Ghata.
- Author(s)Claire Malroux
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication31/10/2004
- LanguageEnglish & French
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of New England
- Weight358 g
- Width165 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byMarilyn Hacker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.