All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNumata Kashu's wonderfully lifelike images of birds and flowers first appeared in a three-volume, 1883 portfolio. His woodblock prints were so popular that dealers sold them individually, destroying most complete sets. A collector's delight, this exquisite edition reprints a 1930s facsimile, alive with 150 color illustrations of the highest quality.
- Author BiographyA native of Kyoto, Kono Bairei (1844-95) produced numerous prints and books in the kacho-ga tradition of floral and bird imagery. His art school, founded in 1880, exercised considerable influence on many young artists of the era.
- Author(s)Kono Bairei
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2011
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleDover Fine Art, History of Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.