All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionEthiopia and Eritrea have a fascinating and unique avifauna. Poorly kwn in comparison to many parts of Africa, kwledge on bird distribution in the two countries is scattered throughout the literature. For more than 35 years, the authors have been painstakingly collecting bird records in the region and plotting them on half-degree maps, including published records, data from museum specimens, sightings from their own extensive travels and, more recently, records from the many birdwatchers that w visit Ethiopia. The resulting atlas provides, for the first time, an accurate assessment of the distribution of each of the 870 species kwn from the two countries, including valuable information on breeding. The succinct text summarises the results and discusses distribution to subspecies level. Extensive introductory chapters cover topics such as topography, geology, vegetation, climate, habitats, conservation, migration, breeding seasons, bird ringing, and the history of ornithology in the region. This groundbreaking book fills a large hole in the literature for one of the most diverse and least kwn areas of Africa.
- Author BiographyJohn Ash is a distinguished ornithologist who spent much of his career on bird-related research in Africa, including many years in Ethiopia and Eritrea. He has travelled extensively in the region and was senior author of the acclaimed Birds of Somalia (Pica Press, 1998). John Atkins lived in Ethiopia for several years while working for the British Council, travelling widely and developing a deep knowledge of the region's birds.
- Author(s)John Ash,John Atkins
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/03/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristopher Helm Publishers Ltd
- Content Note16pp colour photos and maps
- Weight1502 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.