All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first of two field guides illustrating and describing all of the approximately 1,800 bird species found in the Palearctic - the huge region that includes Europe, Asia rth of the Himalayas, and Africa rth of the Sahara. This area spans the countries of the former Soviet Union, all of the Russian Arctic, China, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, and the Middle East excluding the Gulf countries. This first volume covers all the passerines (perching birds, from tyrant flycatchers to buntings) or songbirds and will soon be followed by a companion guide to the npasserines (divers to woodpeckers). These volumes are the first and only field guides for many parts of the area covered, and mark the first time all of these birds have been included in a single pair of books. This first volume covers every passerine species and subspecies in the area, in every adult plumage - all illustrated and described by Norman Arlott, a leading bird artist who has many years of field experience with these species. It features color plates of all field-identifiable species, including subspecies and color morphs. It provides succinct facing-page text. It concentrates on key field-identification features, including voice. It includes a detailed distribution map for each species. It is well-researched and accessible. It comes in a handy format - the ideal field guide Essential for anyone interested in Eurasian birds.
- Author BiographyNorman Arlott, one of the world's leading bird artists, has illustrated close to 100 books, and his artwork regularly appears in magazines. He has led ornithology tours in East Africa, and has designed special bird stamp issues for many countries, including Jamaica, the Bahamas, Gambia, and Malawi.
- Author(s)Norman Arlott
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication06/08/2007
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Illustrated Checklists S.
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note80 color plates. 706 maps.
- Weight399 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Norman Arlott
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.