All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionBirds of Southern Africa continues to be the best and most authoritative guide to the bird species of this remarkable region. This fully revised edition covers all birds found in South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, and southern Mozambique. The 213 dazzling color plates depict more than 950 species and are accompanied by more than 950 color maps and detailed facing text. This edition includes new identification information on behavior and habitat, updated taxomy, additional artwork, improved raptor and wader plates with flight images for each species, up-to-date distribution maps reflecting resident and migrant species, and calendar bars indicating occurrence throughout the year and breeding months. * Fully updated and revised *213 color plates featuring more than 950 species *950+ color maps and over 380 new improved illustrations * Up-to-date distribution maps show the relative abundance of a species in the region and indicate resident or migrant status * New identification information on behavior and habitat * Taxomy includes relevant species lumps and splits * Raptor and wader plates with flight images for each species * Calendar bars indicate occurrence throughout the year and breeding months.
- Author BiographyIan Sinclair has traveled widely to view the world's birds and is the author of many books on bird identification. Phil Hockey is director of the University of Cape Town's Percy FitzPatrick Institute of African Ornithology. Warwick Tarboton is a well-known bird expert, writer, and photographer, and the author of several books. Peter Ryan is associate professor at the Percy FitzPatrick Institute of African Ornithology, University of Cape Town, and president of BirdLife South Africa. He has also authored several books.
- Author(s)Ian Sinclair,Peter Ryan,Phil Hockey,Warwick Tarboton
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication21/09/2011
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Field Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note213 color plates. 950+ maps.
- Weight857 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.