All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionCombining informative and accessible text, up-to-date maps, and--above all--stunning color photographs, this is the best and most lavishly illustrated photographic guide to the birds of western North America. All of the images have been carefully selected to convey both the sheer beauty and the key identification features of each bird, and many of the photos are larger than those found in other guides. Wherever possible, a variety of plumages are pictured, providing visual coverage and usefulness matching any artwork-illustrated field guide. And many of the images are state-of-the-art digital photographs by Brian Small, one of North America's finest bird photographers. These pictures, many seen here for the first time, reproduce a previously unimaginable level of detail. Finally, the ranges of nearly all species are shown on maps from the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, the authority on North American birding. New and experienced birders alike will find this guide indispensable: the clear layout will help vices easily identify the birds they see, while the superb photographs will help seasoned birders confirm identifications. * The best, most lavishly illustrated photographic guide to the region's birds * Larger color photos than most other field guides * Fresh contemporary design--clear, easy-to-use, and attractive * Informative, accessible, and authoritative text * Range maps from the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology * Covers entire western half of mainland North America (excluding Mexico) and the arctic and subarctic territorial islands of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Hawaii)
- Author BiographyPaul Sterry is a highly regarded and best-selling wildlife author and photographer. He is the author or coauthor of more than 50 books, including the HarperCollins Complete North American Wildlife and the Collins Complete British Birds . Brian E. Small is a leading nature photographer and author, and the photo editor of Birding magazine. He has been the principal photographer for many photographic field guides, including The Smithsonian Field Guide to the Birds of North America (HarperCollins) and Birds of North America (Houghton Mifflin).
- Author(s)Brian E. Small,Paul Sterry
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication21/09/2009
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitlePrinceton Field Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note1,341 color photos. 449 maps.
- Weight685 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.